Do Your Rate Yourself
Do You Rate Yourself?
2 Corinthians 13:5 says “Try your own selves whether ye are in the faith, prove your own selves…” Self-examination should be a constant exercise. How many are willing to do it? Most people will look in the mirror every morning to examine themselves, but how many will look into scripture and let it examine them (James 1:22-24)? Examine yourself in the following questions.
- Am I so critical I see a person’s weak points quicker than I do their good points?
- Do I hurt people with my sharp and caustic remarks?
- Will I see the Lord’s return as a moment to “love his appearing” or a tragic end of a selfish life?
- Is my identity in Jesus Christ and His church or by the voices of those in the world?
- Can I be completely trusted with confidence?
- Am I clothed from inside out for others to witness my character not my body?
- Is prayer my “desperation voice” or my constant line of thanks, praise, and peace?
- Do oppressions of life define me as a defeatist or as a loyal disciple steadfast and sure?
- Do I follow the things which make for peace, or do my words and conduct promote strife?
- Is scripture my wisdom, guide, and stay or will the current blog or news reel be my guide?
- Will a good day always be defined as what makes me happy or is a good day every day regardless of what happens?
- Am I so childish everyone handles me with caution to keep me from getting mad?
- Will worship to God be my preference or will it be praise and adoration of the King of kings?
- Is the authority for who I am and what I do come from current trends or the established righteousness of God?