Take This Test...
Take This Quiz. It is Test of Your Faith in Scripture
With the Biblical view of the church so skewed, maligned, and culturally adapted, it is important to test yourself to see if you are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). Answer each question below. The scriptures applicable to each question are listed following the test. Before reading the verses, take the test and see how close your view of the church is to what the Bible teaches. This exercise would be good to use in a Bible study with family and friends.
1. Does there exist a group of Christians worshipping in a local area? YES ____ NO_____
2. Are the overseers of a local church called any of the following? (a) bishops (b) deacons (c) stewards (d) board of elders/directors (e) pastors
3. Which of these works should any local church engage in? (a) benevolence (b) entertainment (c) evangelism (d) secular education (e) sponsorship of widows (g) other _______________
4. Which separate organization can any church contribute to financially? (a) ACLU (b) Missionary organization (c) MADD (d) Teen pregnancy intervention program (e) Civic clubs (f) None of the above
5. Which of the following is true?
(a) Elders are limited to the oversight of a local church only where they are appointed elders.
(b) Some elders have partial oversight of other churches and their work.
(c) A local church is the only organization authorized to do the work of God.
(d) Elders mature into their work as elders.
(e) Elders are voted in to their work of overseeing the church.
(f) Elders should take donations from outside sources to fund the teaching of the Bible at a local church.
6. To whom is benevolence from the church extended. (a) Whoever asks (b) Those who are needy in a local church (c) charitable organizations like Shriners, Red Cross, and Salvation Army
7. What is the mission of the church? (a) social fellowship (b) studying the Bible (c) teaching the gospel (d) both a and b (e) none of the above (f) other __________________
8. True or False. Fellowship is the same as entertainment.
9. Does a local church need a pulpit minister, music minister, benevolent minister, or youth minister?
10. Which of the following is assigned both the church and individual Christians? (a) Provide recreation for college students (b) Teach and exhort (c) Conduct a “Just Say No” seminar (d) Purchase a piano (e) Build a kitchen (f) Both a and c (g) None of the above
11. How is the church authorized to do what she does? (a) Bible authority (b) Cultural trends (c) Elders (d) Regulations from local government officials (e) Neighboring churches (f) Organizational by-laws developed by board of directors
Luke 19:10; John 18:36; Acts 2:44,45; 4:34,35; 9:31; 11:22; 20:28-32; Romans 14:17; 15:25-31; 16:16; 1 Corinthians 16:1-4; Ephesians 1:22,23; 3:9-11; 4:11; Philippians 1:1; 2:12-14; 1 Peter 5:1-3; Acts 6:1-6; 14:23; 20:28; 1 Thessalonians 1:7,8; 1 Timothy 3:8-10,15; 2 Timothy 4:5; 1 Peter 4:11; 1 John 1:3,4,7…